MANILA, Philippines — Trust Filipinos to be an enterprising lot especially in times when droves of people are expected to gather in a particular venue.
While candles, flowers and street foods were staple products one could expect to be peddled near the perimeter of a cemetery, some vendors have been seen selling household wares such as cups and plates, customized T-shirts and dresses, and even bras at the Manila South Cemetery.
Among these vendors was Mike Tistor who had an unusual product to sell to people who are on their way to visit their dearly departed. Tistor, who usually sells his goods in Divisoria, posted his cart along Zapote Street in Makati City, to …
If you think losing a family member is devastating, it’s doubly heartbreaking for those who cannot even find the burial site of their loved ones in the largest cemetery in Metro Manila.
But now, finding the grave of your loved ones in the Manila North Cemetery has been made easier through the website.
By accessing the website www.manilanorthcemetery.tk, relatives can look for the grave site of their dearly departed in the sprawling 54-hectare cemetery.
The records will reveal the person’s name, date of death and the section where he or she was laid to rest.
However, it’s not as easy as it seems as there are about 100 graves in one section….
A record-breaking crowd of visitors at the Manila North Cemetery showed up as they remember their dearly departed on Sunday.
At 3 p.m., Manila Police estimated that 1.8 million people visited their loved ones buried at the said cemetery.
An hour later, the number increased to 1.9 million.
As the day neared its end, the crowd has since dwindled. At 7 p.m., authorities set the crowd estimate at 150,000.
Police Senior Insp. Melchor Villar said that the number smashed last year’s record of 1.7 million people who visited the cemetery.
Villar reported that the situation at the cemetery was “generally peaceful,” with four incidents of children b…
TangIna..kung convicted nga talaga yung pinatay na rapist na yun siguro karma na inabot nya.
MANILA, Philippines — It was not yet a closed case, apparently.
The suspect in the rape of a 6-year old girl on Saturday—reported earlier to have died of epilepsy—died by suffering “blunt traumatic injury through multiple clubbing,” according to the autopsy report obtained by investigators and confessions of inmates detained at Sta. Ana Police Station in Manila.
Nine inmates, suspected to have participated in the clubbing, were brought by the MPD-Homicide operatives to the Manila Police District headquarters on Tuesday morning for questioning.
Among the arrested were Salvador Gozon, 41; Rowie Manalac, 23; Jade Villamor, 22; Michael de la Cruz, 23; Bernardo Lazatin, 40; Germ…
It’s official: the phenomenal tandem of Alden Richards and Maine Mendoza, also known as “Yaya Dub,” has posted a new Twitter record.
Figures from Twitter Asia Pacific showed that 41 million tweets were posted using the hashtag #ALDubEBTamangPanahon from October 23 to October 25.
The tweet volume of the said hashtag has trumped AlDub’s previous record of 26 million tweets last Sept. 25 and the 35.6 million tweets sent during the Brazil vs Germany World Cup semi-final last July 8, 2014.
READ:’AlDub’ breaks Fifa World Cup’s Twitter record
AlDub fans went into a tizzy at 2:24 p.m. on October 24 when Alden …
Actress Claudine Barretto has defended herself from bashers of the on-screen love team of Alden Richards and Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza after she expressed her admiration for the “AlDub” tandem.
Barretto was criticized by some netizens for posting on Instagram a photo of Richards and Mendoza last Saturday during Eat Bulaga’s “Sa Tamang Panahon” at the Philippine Arena in Bulacan, with the caption “Love u Aldub! #aldubfan.”
Barretto’s bashers argued that she should not be publicly supporting a love team, which is a product of a noontime show airing in ABS-CBN’s rival network GMA-7. The actress recently returned to show business and starred in ABS-CBN projects, such as “Maalaala Mo…
A tarpaulin of a candidate was hurriedly taken down on Saturday as Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada’s entourage of policemen and cemetery officials passed by an alley of Manila North Cemetery on the way to the tomb of Fernando Poe Jr.
Estrada said he issued a marching order to ban “epal” posters of politicians in the city’s public cemeteries visited by more than a million people every year to observe All Saints’ Day.
“Bawal na, pati sakin bawal. Walang exception. Pati dating karatula namin dyan, pinatanggal ko,” he said.
Aside from ensuring that security measures were in place in the 54-hectare cemetery, Estrada said he intended to pay respects to former presidents, mayors and othe…
Isang lalaki ang nakipaglamay lang sa kanyang kaibigan ang binaril ng isang sigurong kaalitan. Dinala sa Tondo General Hospital ang nabaril pero binawian na ng buhay. Eh mukhang astig ata ang suspek dahil wala daw nakalapit sa bumaril at baka isunod sila. Basahin ang ulat mula sa Tempo.
A man was shot dead at the wake of a friend in Navotas City yesterday. Police identified the victim as Junior “Ryan” Quisayang, 24, a factory worker, of Barangay North Bay Boulevard South.A police report said the shooting incident happened at 5:30 a.m. in Barangay North Bay Boulevard South. Witnesses said the gunman wore a cap, black T-shirt, and denim pants.The suspect ran away after the shooting. Nobody dared to go after the suspect. The victim was brought to the Tondo Medical Hospital by his brother. He died at 7 a.m. Responding policemen recovered one spent shell of caliber .45 from the crime scene. Meanwhile, a woman, who was at a bakery adjacent to the crime scene, was hit by a stray bullet.
She was identified as Ligaya Escarlan. She told the police that when she heard a gunshot, she turned around and saw Quisayang fall on the ground. Escarlan realized she was hit in her arm and went immediately to Tondo Medical Hospital when she saw her arms bleeding. She is now recovering from the gunshot. Police are now investigating one Reggie Bakal whom the victim mentioned before he collapsed.
Read more at http://www.tempo.com.ph/2015/10/28/man-shot-dead-at-wake/#msVLXCT09YipmJBy.99
Luma na itong balitang ito and the last info that I can find is that this Paradise Height was supposed to be complete na. Ang kaso nga lang marami ang nagrereklamo dahil masyado raw mataas ang rent. Eto ang detalye ng balita noong 2013 pa.
Paradise Heights in tondo, manila is one of the 11 in-city relocation sites for thousands of families living in creeks and rivers, or danger zones threatened by flash floods during heavy rains.
Paradise Heights is ready for occupancy by October.
The National Housing Authority (NHA) is still studying whether to rent the houses out or allow the new residents to buy them.
Paradise Heights units have tiled bathrooms and kitchen sinks.
They even have laundry areas and water sprinklers.
A unit’s rent is P1,500 per month.
This is more expensive than houses in relocation sites outside Metro Manila that only cost P200 a month.
“Mahal kasi building ito at limitado ang lupa sa loob ng Metro Manila,” said NHA General Manager Chito Cruz.
Under the NHA’s housing contract, beneficiaries are not allowed to sell their new homes.
The government aims to move 8,000 families to in-city relocation sites this year.
Around 6,000, meantime, will be transferred outside Metro Manila.
The NHA said it still below the government’s priority target of 20,000 families.
Cruz said they are coordinating with local government units to identify lands for relocation projects.